We have permission and freedom to talk to the Holy Spirit about discovering and maturing in joy.
- What keeps us from talking to the Holy Spirit?
- What heart-motives are healthy when asking the Holy Spirit to help us experience joy?
DIG DEEPER IN GOD’S WORD
- Matthew 2:9-11, “9 After hearing the king, they went their way; and the star, which they had seen in the east, went on before them until it came and stood over the place where the Child was. 10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy.11 After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.”
- Romans 14:17, “for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.”
- Romans 15:13, “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- Galatians 5:22-23, “22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.”
- 1 Peter 1:7-9, “7 so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 8 and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.”
- Find a quiet place and get your heart ready to pray and talk with the Holy Spirit.
- Ask Him questions about joy!
- Ask Him questions about experiencing joy!
- Ask Him for help!
- Ask Him to give you joy!