We can experience joy in the Holy Spirit when we focus on:
- Walking in the Spirit and not the flesh (Romans 8:5-8).
- Being kind in our relationships.
- Practicing boundaries in our relationships.
- Giving (Acts 20:35).
- What is good and right in our lives.
- What robs you of joy? Make a list.
- Do you have any thoughts, emotions, and moods that make you miserable at worse or sad at best?
- What does Proverbs 23:7b have to do with joy?
DIG DEEPER IN GOD’S WORD
- Colossians 1:9-12, “9 For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.”
- James 1:17, “Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.”
- For the next 40 days, practice writing out five things you are grateful for.
- Pay attention to what you write. Are you writing about things or people? Yourself or others?