- There is no doubt that the “fullness of joy” that exists in Jesus can be experienced by His believers.
- However, sometimes real joy can be experienced in God-anointed relationships.
- Who in your life brings you joy or happiness? Why?
- Who in your life finds joy or happiness in you? Why?
DIG DEEPER INTO GOD’S WORD
- 1 John 1:1-4, “1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life— 2 and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us—3 what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4 These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete.”
- 2 John 1:12, “Though I have many things to write to you, I do not want to do so with paper and ink; but I hope to come to you and speak face to face, so that your joy may be made full.”
- 3 John 1:1-4, “1 The elder to the beloved Gaius, whom I love in truth. 2 Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers. 3 For I was very glad when brethren came and testified to your truth, that is, how you are walking in truth. 4 I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth.”
- Getting closer to God can put us in a position to get closer to other followers of Jesus.
- Who are you spiritually impacting anyone?
- Are you experiencing joy at their spiritual progress?